Providers! Get Noticed
|Our image is defined by shapes to set appearance
with that specific look. Get information on types of
look that will support your shape. Our image is
defined by shapes to set appearance
with that specific look. Get information on types of
look that will support your shape.
Common Hair Problems & Quick Tips
Most commonly seen hair problems include; frizzyness, dry or dullness, flyaway, split ends and brittle hair. In most cases these hair problems can be fixed. Many things can cause your hair to become damaged, understanding the causes may help you in takeing better care on a daily basis.
You may treat already damaged hair with special treatment or hair care products. Some damages are caused by ill treatment and/or seasonal changes.
Getting to know your hair and its conditions can help you prevent problems that could easily re-occur. Hair care products such as shampoos, conditioners and styling products can also be the cause of many problems encountered with hair.
A simple guide to some of the problems and treatments involving damaged hair.
Frizz is often caused by humidity or over processing.
- Conditioning your hair after every shampoo will help minimize the frizz.
- Mix a small amount of gel and cream together and use it to scrunch the hair.
- During humid weather, dry your hair completely.
Products such as gels and cream, sprays and rejuvenators can be used to minimize frizz on a daily basis.
Dry or dull looking hair-
Dry hair is sometimes caused by harsh treatment from heat damage, sun exposure, salt water, chlorine and over processing from perms, relaxing and hair coloring.
- Steam from the shower is good for your hair. If possible spend longer then usual in a hot shower to allow the steam to penetrate and treat your hair.
- Be careful not to over process your hair when you perm or color. Leaving harmful chemicals in longer than is needed will damage your hair.
- Heat activated products can be added to the hair to prevent the hair from becoming over heated when exposed.
- Rinse your hair with cool water after shampooing. This will give your hair a noticeable shine.
Leave in conditioners and hot oil treatments are great products to use when treating thick or coarse hair that is dry or dull. For medium hair, deep conditioning treatments are highly recommended. The use of protein packs can be used to treat dry fine hair.
Static causes flyaway hair; this is most commonly seen during the winter months.
- A light gel can be used to hold down flyaway hair.
- Static on clothing can cause flyaway hair, prevent it by using a fabric softener when doing your laundry.
- Leave in conditioner can be used in small amounts by applying it on a comb and combing it through the hair.
- The more you brush your hair the more static you will create. Use your fingers to do most of the job when styling if possible.
- Water-based hairspray is better to use than aerosol. Spray a little bit on a comb and work it through the hair. Do not use too much styling products.
- Leave in conditioners, water-based hair spray and gels, oil or waxes can be used to tame down flyaway hair.
Split ends can be caused by many reasons most commonly however, is harsh treatment when drying, brushing and styling the hair.
- Split ends are untreatable, you can however, get rid of them by trimming your hair. It is suggested to have your hair trimmed every four to six weeks for regular up keeping.
- A moisturizing shampoo and conditioner should be used to help prevent split ends.
- It is a good idea to work a conditioner into the ends of your hair before you begin styling. This will help the brush glide through your hair without snagging the ends.
Switch to moisturizing shampoos and conditioners if you find you have a problem with split ends.
Chemicals, chlorine and extensive sun exposure can cause hair to become brittle.
- The best thing for brittle hair is treating it with absolute care. Avoid the hair from getting snagged or pulled when brushing and styling.
- Use deep conditioners that contain keratin or plant proteins these may be wheat or soy based.
- Silk pillowcases are known to be the best to sleep on when your hair is very brittle. Cotton pillowcases can snag dry hair and cause breakage.
Treat your hair with care and use deep conditioners and oils to prevent it from getting damaged.
Swimmers hair is often blond hair that reacts to chlorine, sun exposure and/or salt water.
- Clarifying shampoos and cleansers can correct swimmers hair.
- Hair should be washed immediately after exposure to chlorine. Shampoo can be mixed with club soda to ensure all of the chlorine is properly rinsed from the hair.
- To avoid swimmers hair, wear a bathing cap when swimming.
A special shampoo for swimmers hair can be used or a clarifying shampoo may also be used.
Flat hair is commonly caused by over conditioning or using a conditioner that is too heavy for the hair. Product build up can also cause your hair to become flat with no volume.
- By rotating the products used on your hair weekly, product build up is less possible.
- Condition your hair less. To see a difference you may need to cut the amount of times you condition in half.
- A clarifying shampoo can cut through product build up; use a clarifying shampoo off and on, rotating it with your regular shampoo product.
- A volumizing shampoo can be used to help give your hair some body.
Products such as thickening sprays or volumizers work well to give your hair a bit more body and will add volume.
If you are experiencing any of these hair problems, treat as directed by your stylist or with the instructions we have provided. Done properly, results should be seen within the first week or two. Give your hair a little extra care and treat it gently. The brushes and products we use on a daily basis can become the biggest problem of all. Keep your eye out for hair problems, as hair problems if detected early can be treated before they get worse.
|< Prev||Next >|
Maintaining healthy looking hair is only a matter of understanding it. Regular trims, products used and the way you care for your hair will all determine its overall appearance. For some, frequent...Read More...
Our image is defined by shape to set appearance and or a specific look. Many people have no idea on how to achieve a look that suits the structure of their face and so find they are continually searching...Read More...