A wedding shower is a pre-wedding party that usually includes all the women that are close to the bride. Often the bride will attend more than one bridal shower, one thrown by the brides side and the other thrown by the husband-to-be side of the family.
The bridal shower is a woman's only party; it is a party that is usually held on a weekend afternoon. Gift are given to the bride-to-be by the guests, games are usually played and a light lunch is commonly served by the hosts.
Honor Attendant, Duties & Responsibilities
The bridal party is a group of ladies who have accepted the role of being a good trusted and strong support for the bride-to-be. Their title as "bridesmaids" will come with its fair share of demanding duties and responsibilities. The one bridesmaid that will stand out among the others will be the maid or matron of honor. This is the honor attendant; she is and will be the head of the wedding party.
This person is usually very close to the bride and selected to play a very important role in her wedding. The maid of honor will hold a very large part of the responsibilities throughout the planning months. She will be the brides right hand.
If you have been chosen to be the honor attendant for a close friend or family members wedding event, you will probably be feeling very excited and overwhelmed. Your job in the wedding will require a lot of your time and support. You have been selected by the bride-to-be to play the biggest supportive part in the wedding (aside from the brides mother of course). Your duties will require a bit of planning and a lot of emotional support. Understanding the title that you have accepted is an important part of being a good maid of honor. If you dont know the first thing about being an honor attendant, you may want to do a little bit of research to ensure that you can provide the bride with all that is expected.
Your duties explained-
Below are some areas in which the honor attendant is usually responsible for throughout the planning months and for the day of the wedding:.
- The honor attendant will have the same responsibilities as the bridesmaids and more
- She will usually escort the bride in doing most of the wedding related errands
- Helps with addressing invitations
- Co-ordinates the bridal shower with help from the bridesmaids
- Ensures that all gifts given are recorded with the gift items and the names of those who provided them
- Often chooses the bride's gift that will be given from the bridal party
- Usually co-ordinates the final dress fitting for the bridesmaids
- She should assist the bride with a to do list before the wedding date
- Ensures that all of the needed items are taken care of by the bride before leaving for the ceremony
- Helps get the bride dressed for her wedding
- During the ceremony she will ensure that the brides train is neat and presentable
- Holds the bride's bouquet during the vows at the ceremony
- She will hold the groom's ring to present to the bride until at the ceremony halter
- The honor attendant and the best man will serve as a witness for the ceremony and legal documenting
- At times she will lift the brides veil at the ceremony before the newly wed couple kiss (the brides father is usually the one who does this before he gives his daughter away)
- She will stand in the receiving line and greet guest as though they are her own
- Gives a speech at the reception during the toasts
- The maid of honor and the mother of the bride usually help the bride change out of her wedding gown into going away clothes
As indicated it is apparent that your role as maid of honor will be to relieve the bride of having to worry about some of the details that will accompany her wedding event. Your duties will be to assist in areas that will be both complex and minor. Knowing that this is an extravagant event and in such many things could and probably will go wrong (hopefully not too wrong) being alert and prepared for the worst, is a great way to stay sharp and in control while watching the brides back for those unforeseen circumstances. This is going to be your challenge as a honor attendant but remember, through it all you must always perform your duties even those unofficially assigned to you with a smile and a great sense of humor.
|< Prev||Next >|